Search This Blog

Tis the season.. for charity!

I know I haven't updated in a while, and I'm going to keep this brief as I'm under the weather today, but I wanted to take time to point out a charity that I hold very near and dear to my heart: Child's Play.

I like to play video games. For me, it's nothing more than a hobby. But to kids in hospitals, facing a bevy of ailments some of us couldn't even begin to imagine, playing with video games and toys is more than that: it's a chance for them to have some fun, to forget about where they are or what they are facing for a short period of time, and most importantly, something to make them smile when they need it the most. Child's Play furnishes children's hospitals across the world with gaming systems, games, coloring books, DVDS, toys, and much more.

I would ask readers to please join me in donating to Child's Play this holiday season. Two of the hospitals that Child's Play supports are within 2 hours of Albany. You can choose a variety of ways to donate- by mail, through Paypal, by e-bay auction, or buy an item from a hospital's Amazon wishlist to be directly shipped to that hospital. You truly can make the holiday special for many children who cannot be at home this year with just one simple donation to this foundation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment